I’m not talking about secret agents … positive change agents are actually in the middle of the action, right in the public eye. They take risks all right, but the kind that help people and organizations grow.
See how many of these statements describe you to find out if you’re a positive change agent, a positive change agent in the making, or needing a weeklong retreat with a gaggle of positive change gurus. Then click the number that fits below the list.
- I look for a way to adapt when the change isn’t going my way.
- I know the journey is just as important as the destination.
- It is intuitively obvious that when people enjoy a change process it’s far more effective, fast and easy.
- I prefer to build on strengths and find the best in people, and not the old “break ’em down and build ’em the way you want them” method.
- It is obvious that the quality of a relationship is as important as the quality of an idea/product.
- I know why Appreciative Inquiry, Positive Psychology, Strength-based development, Positive Deviance, or Solution focus work so well.
- I’ve seen that win-win solutions make the most sustainable change.
- I’ve found that buy-in comes from authentic questions, real listening, and a chance to make a difference.
- I like solutions and talking about what to do far more than creating a list of problems and playing the blame game.
- I prefer a few core principles rather than a thick rulebook.
I’d love to hear more about how you create positive change.